This position is within HARMAN’s EMEA Lifestyle Audio Division, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The region Europe North includes the Nordics, the UK and The Netherlands. This position focuses on the Nordics and The Netherlands (NL) and reports into the Marketing Manager Nordics, based in Denmark.
The Marketing Communications (Marcom) Specialist Nordics and NL, is responsible for the marketing communication strategy & program implementation for Harman’s Consumer Product categories like Portable Audio, Headphones and Wifi Network Music Systems. Together with the Marketing Manager Nordics, he or she supports and develops the marketing communication landscape for all new product introductions as well as give the communication direction for all the brands across the different categories. The Marcom Specialist plans and executes a wide range of marketing tools based on the yearly marketing and business plan.
The Marcom Specialist Nordics and NL works closely with the Commercial Organisation of those particular markets as well as the Regional Product Marketing Department in Amsterdam. He or she translates the local and regional needs into marketing communication plans and tools to drive sales and brand building activities. He or she has to work closely with other departments and (internal) stakeholders, such as the Global Creative team, as well as the EMEA PR-, Online-, Social Media, Trade Marketing Leads and Managers as well as the Category and Customer Marketing Specific Marcom Leads.
• Trade Marketing: drive trade marketing plans and initiatives. Support the ordering and deployment of the trade marketing needs. Identify opportunities to strengthen in-store brand equity, lead the planning and execution for all in-store elements, merchandising and maintenance with vendors. Drive trade programs to support the Nordics and NL marketing initiatives and business priorities.
• Brand Marketing: Own and manage the marketing communication plan to launch NPI’s in the most effective way. Support the Commercial Organization and Marketing Manager Nordics and NL collateral such as imagery, videos, translation documents, perfect pitches. Create and/or traffic the necessary tools for Nordic and NL stakeholders.
• Marketing Manager: Support the Marketing Manager on product introductions, pricing and distribution strategy and –plan, media planning and buying, local event management and marketing budget management.
• Media Planning and Buying: experience in (Digital) Media Planning and Buying would be a plus.
• Share and exchange of information: Keep markets, the Commercial Team and other relevant stakeholders informed of marketing related developments; provide management insights.
• Improve relevant work processes (for example the streamlining of marketing communication material development, regular benchmarking etc).
• Business Administration (HEAO+) or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years of marketing (communication) experience in an international environment
• Ability to work effectively in a commercial environment, representing the marketing function
• Fluency in English and Dutch
• Danish would be a plus
• Willingness to travel 25% of the time